Personal Information Protection and Privacy
The Italian Contemporary Film Festival (ICFF, us, we, our) respects your concerns about privacy. We are committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information we collect about you. This privacy notice describes the types of personal information we collect from customers, how we may use that information, and with whom we may share it. Our privacy notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of your information.
ICFF is committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information we collect about you.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and e-mail address and includes information about your product and service subscriptions and usage, credit card information and billing records.
What type of personal information does ICFF collect? We may collect any of the following:
- Your name, billing/shipping address, email address, telephone number, and credit card information, including card number, card type, cardholder name and expiration date, when you purchase products or services from us such as tickets for ICFF events, concessions, merchandise. We also obtain this information from you when you become a ICFF member or patron
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in any ICFF events, including submitting your film or work for inclusion in any events, programs or funding opportunities, or applying for accreditation for a ICFF event or program. This personal information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, job title, occupation, nationality, travel itinerary, residence information, biography, newsletter preferences, IPD address and organization.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in any of our online or other meeting spaces or forums. This personal information might include your name, profession, e-mail address, phone number, photograph, answers to specific questions, password and computer information.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in one of our contests or surveys. This information may include your name, email address and street address, and the answers to survey questions. The personal information you provide to us when participating in these promotions, surveys and contests may be used for marketing purposes.
- Personal information you provide to us when subscribing to our newsletters or emails or when you use our website. This personal information might include your name, member/buyer identification, e-mail address, phone number, password and computer information.
- Your personal information from our business partners and other third parties provided they have agreed to obtain your consent before disclosing your personal information to us.
- Photographs, motion pictures and videos taken of you in public areas at ICFF events.
- Certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to our websites www.icff.ca and www.laltraitalia.com. This information is collected from your computer’s web browser to enhance your experience on our website and may include your IP address, operating system, web browser software, screen resolution, and referrer website.
- Personal information you may provide to us when applying for a job or volunteer position with ICFF.
Why does ICFF collect your personal information?
The personal information we collect is only used, disclosed or retained for its original intended purpose (unless you provide your consent to a different use or disclosure) and we retain it only as necessary for those purposes. ICFF may collect personal information about you and use it following ways:
- To provide products and services to you, to inform you of promotions, programs and events, to provide information about purchases, to bill you when you make a purchase, to acknowledge support or donations and provide that information to the Canada Revenue Agency, and to contact you when necessary for these purposes.
- To administer your submissions and applications for our programs, events and funding opportunities, to facilitate networking and market activities and for market data analysis. When you register as a member or industry delegate, we use your information to create and manage your account.
- For marketing purposes, we may use your contact information to send you promotions, surveys, contests, programming updates and other marketing information. Promotional emails are intended to inform you of opportunities, events or special deals available to you from ICFF. You can opt not to receive emails by either clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to be removed from promotional email lists. In addition, we may send you postal mail to inform you of promotions, surveys, contests, programming updates and other marketing information. You can unsubscribe from this postal mail service by contacting email@example.com with a request to be removed from postal mail lists.
- To improve the quality of your visit to our website. Using electronic information such as “cookies,” we collect information based on your navigation of our website to better understand and server our customers, members and website visitors. This data allows us to enhance your ability to navigate our website and develop programs and content that will be of interest to our customers and website visitors.
- To improve our service offerings. We monitor and analyze the use of our service offerings to determine which services are popular and useful to our customers, members and website visitors so that we can improve them.
- To better understand your interests, ICFF may prepare aggregated user statistics or information summaries to describe our services and their popularity to our partners, prospective advertisers and for other lawful purposes. The aggregated user statistics and information will not contain any personally identifiable information.
- To provide a secure and safe environment for our visitors and employees.
- To co-operate with law enforcement and to protect against violations of criminal or civil laws.
- Photographic, video and film cameras are only used to (a) protect ICFF, its customers and employees against security issues, including potential violations of civil and or criminal laws and (b) for our marketing purposes with respect to ICFF events and services.
- We may use your personal information to respond when you submit a question or suggestion to us, or when you request assistance with your membership, registration, donations, viewing your purchase(s), logging on to www.icff.ca or accessing your account from our website.
Sharing of Personal Information
ICFF does not sell or rent any personal information we collect. Personal Information collected by ICFF is not shared to other parties, except as permitted or required by law, with your express consent, or as follows:
- We may share your Personal Information with outside parties who sponsor or otherwise participate in sweepstakes or other promotions, whether on our Applications or Websites or otherwise. We will inform you of the identity of these third parties at the time we collect your Personal Information.
- Your Personal Information may be shared with our affiliated partners, or to their employees, agents, contractors, representatives, servants, legal counsel and/or accountants without limitation, for operational, management and administrative purposes, as well as internal audit, legal, regulatory, security, insurance, financial, processing and other similar purposes, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Your Personal Information may be transferred to service providers, who may be affiliates of ICFF, where such entities provide services on our behalf (e.g. administrative, management, operational, processing, support, or other services). For instance, we may use such third parties to host message boards, user forums or webpages, to develop software applications, create and maintain databases, send and receive communications on our behalf, or we may retain vendors’ fulfilment houses, or survey, market research and contest services providers. We provide them with a limited amount of information which is necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide. These service providers are not permitted to disclose this information to others.
- ICFF may also share Personal Information as necessary to meet legal, audit, regulatory, insurance, security or other similar requirements. For instance, ICFF may be compelled to disclose Personal Information in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or enquiry. We may also share information to our accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement, in an emergency or where required or permitted by law.
All ICFF employees, agents, contractors, service providers, partners and representatives who have access to your Personal Information are required to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with this and any other policy and/or procedure, in effect from time to time.
Right to Withdraw Consent and Unsubscribe
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and sharing of Personal Information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your Personal Information, we may no longer be able to provide you with certain products or services.
Receiving commercial emails and SMS messages from us is optional and you may unsubscribe at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe link in any email or SMS message; (b) changing your communication preferences through your ICFF Account (if applicable); or (c) contacting us as indicated in the How to Contact Us section of ICFF website.
If you provide us with your mailing address, you may receive periodic mailings from us, or our business partners, with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mail from us, please change your preferences on the Applications or Websites, or contact us as indicated in the How to Contact Us section of ICFF website.
We protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures as are appropriate and proportional to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, sharing, copying, use, or modification. ICFF and its employees, agents, contractors, legal, accounting or other service providers, partners, representatives and mandataries who require access to your Personal Information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your Personal Information. You transmit or provide all Personal Information entirely at your own risk.
On our Applications and Websites we store subscriber information in a secure manner not accessible to browsers, behind password protection, or off-line. We endeavor to use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our Applications and Websites.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about ICFF’ personal information collection, use and disclosure practices, please let us know and we will do our best to help you. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us. Subsequently, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if you would like to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.