The ICFF occasionally has job opportunities open to the public and available positions are posted on this page. It is ICFF’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job.
ICFF does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. Please note we will only contact those candidates who best fit the needs of open positions. No follow-up emails or phone calls will be returned.
(posted on December 31, 2020)
- Festival programmers to recommend works to be considered for Film Series.
- Filmmakers throughout the process to provide information and updates as needed
- Work closely with festival staff to host delegations at the festival. Organize filmmaker reception at the Festival including determining the invite list, program, overseeing the execution of the logistics, etc.
- Ensure positive Festival experience for Fellows and Partners by curating Festival program and activities relevant to each, hosting delegates and guests, etc.
- Identify new filmmakers and works through research of the international trades and film market, recommendations from other Festival or support programs.
- Responsible for outreach and selection processes to Italian filmmakers
- Conduct outreach to scout and solicit new international projects. Identify new filmmakers and works trough research of the international trades and film market, recommendations from ICFF associates and other Festival or support programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- 2 years directly related experience required.
- Prior experience working internationally in the film and/or arts industry required.
- Prior film production sector experience
- Experience in working for internationally recognized Film Festival/s. Established networks, an understanding of relevant film industry players and organizations, and a grasp of salient film-related issues.
- Depth and breadth of knowledge & interest in Italian Contemporay Cinema and its landscape.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of and interest in Italian contemporary cinema a must.
- Demonstrated innovative curating skills – must possess the ability to identify new and exciting projects.
- Must be detail oriented and have high level of organizational abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and FileMaker Pro.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Fluency in Italian language is an asset.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Experience in a non-profit organization preferred.
SALARY: $24.52/hr | 4% vacation pay
HOURS OF WORK: 35h/week