Since 1997, Canada and Italy have been the beneficiaries of a co-production treaty for their film, television, video and new media industries. However, this treaty has not been utilized to its full potential. So, ICFF has embarked on a year-long research project to identify what challenges and barriers impede co-productions, and more importantly, what opportunities lie ahead as ICFF enhances the use of its platform to facilitate greater cooperation between these two countries.
ICFF invites all industry members to participate via our google form with the goal of creating new and exciting partnerships between the Canadian and Italian film industry. The database will be available on the ICFF website permanently as a tool to build future fruitful collaborations for your next project.
Please sign up as research has started, and let us know where your interest lies.
For more information on this project, please contact us at email@example.com.
The results of the study, the How-To Guide and the database will be ready in December 2023.
ICFF expresses its gratitude to Ontario Creates and the Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA) for their generous support of this project.
The project’s objectives are to:
- Outline the state of the industry in Ontario, Canada and Italy and conduct a gap analysis
- Identify the advantages of the Italy-Canada relationship versus other jurisdictions
- Identify the barriers preventing the growth of partnerships and collaborations
- Assess opportunities to expand trade through the treaty and other forms of joint ventures
- Recommend ways to systematize this sector’s ongoing collection of business intelligence
- Create a How-To Guide, and
- Start building a database of industry professionals, associations, government organizations, facilities,
funding, tax credits and other incentives for use by those sectors in both countries.