ICFF screenings are hosted in-person at the TIFF Bell Lightbox. Please carefully read below for the events covid-19 protocols set in place by TIFF.
Updated as of October 13, 2021. Please note that TIFF may change these protocols at any time to protect the health and safety of all of its audiences in accordance with government guidelines and legal allowances.
TIFF continues to work closely with the Province of Ontario, the City of Toronto, and public health officials in order to mitigate risk to audiences and guests attending in-cinema screenings at TIFF Bell Lightbox. We have put in place the following health and safety protocols.
In Toronto, we are in Step 3 of Ontario’s roadmap to reopening, which allows for in-cinema screenings to take place while still mitigating risks.
On October 9, 2021 the Province of Ontario lifted certain capacity limits in select indoor and outdoor settings allowing for cinemas to operate at 100% capacity. TIFF will implement this increase to 100% capacity in its cinemas as of October 15, 2021.
Ontario continues to report one of the lowest rates of active cases in the country, well below the national average, and the province has trended towards the best-case scenario projected by the Ontario COVID-19 Science Advisory Table.
Since the proof of vaccination requirement went into effect, Ontario has reached two key milestones in its COVID-19 response, with more than 86.8% of individuals aged 12 and over vaccinated with at least a first dose and more than 81.9% with two doses.
ICFF continues to work closely with the Province of Ontario, the City of Toronto, and public health officials to ensure its number-one priority being the health and well-being of audiences, staff, and residents of the community.
Effective October 15, 2021, cinemas at TIFF Bell Lightbox will be operating at 100% capacity under the guidance of the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health in accordance with the Province of Ontario, the City of Toronto and public health officials/ in line with Ontario’s Vaccine Certification Plan. Audience members and visitors 12 years of age and over will be required to provide Proof of Vaccination receipts showing both doses of one of Health Canada’s approved vaccines administered at least 14 days prior to attending, along with valid government-issued identification for entry to TIFF Bell Lightbox.
In addition to proof of COVID-19 vaccination, masks are required in TIFF Bell Lightbox at all times. Audience members and visitors will not be permitted entry without a mask. Where an audience member or visitor is unable to wear a mask due to health reasons, TIFF will provide them with a face shield as an alternative. If the audience member or visitor does not wish to wear a face shield, they will be denied entry into TIFF Bell Lightbox and will be given a refund for their ticket.
- Proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required to gain entry into TIFF Bell Lightbox. Proof includes a vaccination receipt administered by Ontario Health or your local health care provider. Proof can be in email form, on a mobile device, or via hard copy. The information must include your full name and the date of the vaccination. Ontario residents will have received confirmation of their first and second dose via email or mail. If confirmation was received by email, please search “Dose Administration” to find it on a mobile device; if received by mail, please bring a copy with you on the day and time of your event. For all other residents, please bring your version of this update. This might be a proof of vaccination certificate or a card or an email from your province, state, or country.
- Visitors from outside of Canada are already required to show evidence of being fully vaccinated to enter the country.
- Anyone who is sick or has symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, runny nose, tiredness, or shortness of breath, is NOT permitted to enter TIFF Bell Lightbox.
- Assigned seating will continue to be mandated at all in-cinema screenings and events.
- There will be no printed tickets; access to TIFF Bell Lightbox cinemas will require a mobile ticket.
- TIFF is currently not permitting the sale of concessions at TIFF Bell Lightbox. Outside food and beverages are also not permitted. TIFF is currently planning to re-open its concessions in mid-November 2021.
We encourage audience members to wash and disinfect their hands often — especially before entering and exiting TIFF Bell Lightbox, after contact with others, and after touching surfaces that others may have touched.
To help prevent the spread and transmission of COVID-19, TIFF is committed to:
- Providing access to hand sanitizers
- Encouraging physical distancing
- Wiping down and disinfecting surfaces
- Conducting regular clearing in high-traffic areas
For any additional COVID-19 protocol–related questions, please contact TIFF Customer Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.