Roberto Benigni, Nicoletta Braschi, Mischa Barton and Andrea Iervolino among the many who received awards for their career accomplishments
June 25, 2015, TORONTO – The fourth annual Italian Contemporary Film Festival wrapped up with its most successful year to date. The closing night ceremony held at TIFF Bell Lightbox and followed by a glamorous gala at The Ritz-Carlton in downtown Toronto, was a star-studded event.
“Toronto is becoming a hub for Italian cinema,” said Cristiano de Florentiis, artistic director ICFF. “We are proud to contribute to the Canadian film industry and continue this successful partnership between Italy and Canada for many years to come.”
ICFF 2015 was attended by its largest number of guests in six cities across Canada, bringing in over 25,000 guests. At the conclusion of each screening, guests were asked to rate the film using their tickets as ballots. Audience members rated all films with an average rating of 4/5 solidifying the place of Italian cinema in Canadian hearts.
Earlier in the festival, ICFF was proud to bring Roberto Benigni and Nicoletta Braschi in collaboration with the Toronto International Film Festival to Toronto. In addition, the festival hosted film industry professionals in their second edition of the ICFF Industry Day at Screen Industries Research and Training Centre in Pinewood Studios in Toronto on June 18, 2015 surrounding the theme of animation.
The following awards were presented at the 2015 Italian Contemporary Film Festival:
- The People’s Choice Award: Noi e la Giulia, Director/Actor, Edoardo Leo
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Roberto Benigni & Nicoletta Braschi
- Honour of Recognition as Ambassador of Italian Cinema in the World: Andrea Iervolino, Producer and Founder, AMBI Pictures
- The Toronto Film Critics Award: The Invisible Boy (Il Ragazzo Invisibile), Director, Gabriele Salvatores
- Castlepoint Numa Award: Sergio Navaretta, Director, The Colossal Failure of the Modern Relationship
- Award of Honour for Outstanding Career in Animation: Vincenzo Nisco, Art Director, RainbowCGI
- Award of Honour: Mischa Barton, Actress (The O.C.)
- Award of Honour: Salvatore Ficarra and Valentino Picone (Andiamo a Quel Paese)
- Award of Honour: Marco Turco (L’Oriana)
- Best Short Film Award: Due Piedi Sinistri, Director, Isabella Salvetti
- ICFF Junior Award: Il Mio Amico Nanuk (Midnight Sun), Directors, Brando Quilici & Spottiswoode
Ally La Mere
Account Executive, ClutchPR
647.294.2559 | email@example.com